Volunteer Vision: Brittany Turner
"As an alumna and now teacher at Starkville Academy, I would say that SA creates a great family environment that will not only prepare your children for college, but will also provide them with the tools they will need to be successful in life," Turner said. After attending SA as a student for thirteen years, Turner attended Mississippi State University and graduated with a degree in elementary education. Now she is in the middle of her second year of teaching STEM at Starkville Academy. Choosing to return to the school as an educator was an easy decision for Turner. "I wanted to be part of a school that not only teaches students academically, but helps them grow in their faith in God," she said. For Turner, the atmosphere at Starkville Academy is unlike any other. "Working at SA feels more like coming to see your family than coming to work," Turner said. "The students are great, and there is an amazing support system within the faculty and staff."
More Fun Facts about Brittany Turner
- Turner's Favorite Memory at SA: "I have so many great memories that have been so special, and I know there are many more great memories to come."
- How Turner Has Grown at SA: "I recently decided to pursue my master's degree in elementary education. I don't think I would have made this decision had I not been at SA."
- Turner's Favorite Verse to Live By: "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of others." (Philippians 2:3-4)
News, Notes, and Highlights
- We hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving holidays next week (November 19-23)!
- Remember we will have early dismissal on Friday, November 30. Elementary students dismiss at 12 p.m. and secondary students at 12:30 p.m.
- Don't forget to purchase your 2018-2019 yearbook "Year in a Flash" while they are $65. The price increases to $75 when we return from Christmas break. Forms are available in the office or online under "School Forms."