Athletics is a vital part of the extracurricular experience of our students at Starkville Academy. The Athletic Department is committed to providing a wide variety of competitive interscholastic sports teams for its student body, while embracing the school's mission. Starkville Academy's athletic program provides a level of competition appropriate to the age, development, ability and interest of all its students. Starkville Academy has a rich tradition of excellence throughout its athletic program. Volunteer teams compete in the Mississippi Association of Independent Schools in Class AAA – Division II.
- Starkville Academy alumni have competed and continue to gain scholarships to compete at the collegiate level in football, basketball, track, and baseball.
- Many of our coaches have earned "Coach of the Year" recognition from MAIS and local newspapers.
- Several of our cheerleaders and dancers, who work hard to create an energetic and supportive atmosphere during pep rallies, have earned All-American status and various other camp awards.
- In recent years, our football and girls' soccer teams have won state championships. Our tennis, basketball, baseball, and boys' and girls' soccer teams have all won district honors, as well.
- Younger students are encouraged to develop their skills through camps and workshops sponsored by the varsity teams.