Dear SA Family,
As we enter the final home stretch of the school year, I wanted to look ahead just a bit and inform you about some of our capital improvement projects planned for this summer. As per the norm, these projects have been vetted and approved by administration and the school board. Over the summer, we are replacing all cafeteria appliances as well as the walk-in cooler and freezers and the flooring in the cafeteria kitchen/serving area, replacing five HVAC units as scheduled in the overall replacement cycle plan that started a couple of years ago in addition to repairing another existing unit, renovating the bathrooms in Building C (5th & 6th grades), renovating the junior high girls’ and boys’ locker rooms in the gym, and continuing the replacement of older galvanized and wooden fencing around campus. Additionally, we will perform general maintenance upkeep that occurs every year in the summer. Some of these improvements will be visible and aesthetically pleasing, while the rest may go unnoticed but are still necessary. My intent is to keep you informed and to maintain your trust that the administration and the board work closely together to maintain our campus while being good stewards of our finances.
News, Notes, and Highlights
- Come cheer on our Volunteer Tennis Team tomorrow as they take on Canton Academy at 4:00 PM. Senior Night recognition begins at 3:00.
- Home baseball action resumes this Friday night as the Vols face Oak Hill Academy. The JV game starts at 4:00 PM, and the varsity game follows at 6:00. Senior Night recognition for baseball, track, and archery begins at 5:30.
- The annual SA Spring Band & Choir Concert is this Monday night at 6:00 PM in the gym. Everyone is invited to attend this celebration of artistic talent.
- On Saturday, April 28th, at 9:30 AM, OCH is providing their annual free physicals for all SA students in 4th-12th grades who plan to participate in a sport for the 2018-2019 school year. It is mandatory that all students must have a physical in order to participate. Forms may be picked up in both school offices and the field house.
Finally, here are some things that you can do to help make Starkville Academy better:
- Choose to focus on the numerous positives that abound within our school, and when possible, take time to thank those people who play a large role in creating those positives for your children.
- Rather than remaining fixated on the areas that need improvement, pray for both wisdom and patience for our school as we strive to improve in those areas.
- Never be afraid to show your Volunteer pride and spirit!