Director of Advancement
“I am meeting new families who are moving into the area all the time,” Moorehead said. “It’s one of the reasons I love my job.” For any family who has toured Starkville Academy in the last decade, chances are they found their way into the Volunteer Family because of Lynn Moorehead. As the Director of Advancement, she spends her days making new families and students feel welcome, collecting donations for the school and helping alumni reconnect. However, many don’t realize she has served our school and our state in a variety of other roles. After graduating from Mississippi State University with both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in education psychology, she went on to work as a psychometrist, administrator, and lobbyist for the Mississippi Department of Education. When her husband, Jim, had the opportunity to move the family back to Starkville, they took it, and choosing Starkville Academy for her children was an easy decision. “My husband graduated from Starkville Academy in 1978, so there was a history there,” Moorehead said. “I loved how everything was very family oriented.” Moorehead has served as a room mom, SAPA president, seventh grade cheer coach, tennis coach and in a variety of development and marketing positions for the school. Her children, Ben and Maris, both graduated from Starkville Academy. Through her roles and experience, she is certainly the best person to help others find their fit at Starkville Academy. “We have so many academic and extracurricular activities to offer in a family and Christian environment from Pre-K to twelfth grade,” Moorhead said. “Come and be a part of the Starkville Family!”
More Fun Facts about Lynn Moorehead
- Moorehead’s Favorite Verse to Live By: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- How Moorehead Has Grown Professionally: “I’ve learned to listen to people. I want to hear the concerns of our patrons, our teachers and the questions from our new families.”
- Moorehead’s Favorite Memory at SA: “When I was SAPA president, we had a donkey basketball game. We had administrators and coaches riding the donkeys and playing basketball. It was a huge fundraiser!”
News, Notes, and Highlights
- We have important registration dates coming up:
- Priority Registration: Feb. 12-16
- Waiting List Registration: Feb. 20-23
- Open Enrollment begins Feb. 26.
- Senior yearbook ads are on sale! Please see the “Seniors” tab on our website for an order form. Don’t forget yearbooks are on sale for $75 until April 6!
- The basketball games scheduled for this Friday have time changes. Games will begin at 6 p.m. This is Senior Night, so please come out and support your Vols!