Dear SA Family,
Now that the spring semester has started, I trust that all of you are back into the swing of your usual routines, minus the arctic-style temps that we had to endure last week. There’s just nothing usual or routine about single-digit temperatures in Mississippi, right? Anyway, part of the routine for this time of year is to turn our attention towards the 2018-2019 school year. It is our joy to teach your children here at Starkville Academy – each and every one of them – and we hope to be the best fit for your family. To that end, you should soon be receiving a letter from the school in regards to registration for next year. We desire for you and your children to be a part of the Starkville Academy family, and we hope to see you in the registration line in February!
News, Notes, and Highlights
- The 2018-2019 School Calendar has been approved by the school board. You may access it by clicking the following link: http://www.starkvilleacademy.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2018-2019-School-Calendar.pdf
- Basketball action resumes tomorrow here on the SA campus vs. Leake Academy. 7th grade boys start the action at 3:00 PM, with JV girls and boys and then varsity girls and boys to follow.
- Our new archery club will take part in its inaugural competition on Monday in West Point. Good luck and shoot straight!
- There is a mandatory meeting for parents of all girls in Grades 6-11 who are interested in trying out for cheer or dance. The meeting will be held at 6:00 PM in the cafeteria.
Finally, here are some things that you can do to help make Starkville Academy better:
- Choose to focus on the numerous positives that abound within our school, and when possible, take time to thank those people who play a large role in creating those positives for your children.
- Rather than remaining fixated on the areas that need improvement, pray for both wisdom and patience for our school as we strive to improve in those areas. Help us by becoming a part of the solution.
- Never be afraid to show your Volunteer pride and spirit!