Dear SA Family,
Another week, and another success to celebrate here at Starkville Academy. Last Friday, our own Vicky Warren was selected as the MAIS Secondary Teacher of the Year. It is a well-deserved honor and one that also allows all of us to beam with pride for Mrs. Warren. This year marks her 44th year at SA, a period of such distinguished service whereby she has garnered iconic status among students and alumni alike. For so many, she is the tie that binds us together throughout the decades, and we hope for many more years of students learning under her tutelage. Congratulations, Mrs. Warren!
…Stay tuned for more success stories to come.
News, Notes, and Highlights
- FCA is meeting tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. in the gym.
- The High School Choir is going this Friday morning to sing Christmas carols at some of our local nursing homes and senior living facilities. Thanks to Mrs. Pittman and to our students for spreading Christmas cheer to our community.
- Our next in-house quiz bowl competition is this coming Monday at 10:15 a.m., but this year there’s a twist. Instead of students vs. faculty, this year we’re having parents compete against the students. Time to show those young whippersnappers a thing or two!
- Nine-week and semester exams for 5th-12th grade students begin on Thursday, Dec. 14th. Parents, don’t forget that the Thursday and Friday of exams are full days this year and not half days. Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 18th-19th, will be early dismissal days for everyone, with afterschool care provided in the elementary for those who need it.
Finally, here are some things that you can do to help make Starkville Academy better:
- Choose to focus on the numerous positives that abound within our school, and when possible, take time to thank those people who play a large role in creating those positives for your children.
- Rather than remaining fixated on the areas that need improvement, pray for both wisdom and patience for our school as we strive to improve in those areas. Help us by becoming a part of the solution.
- Never be afraid to show your Volunteer pride and spirit!