Dear SA Family,
As I write to you today, the events of this past week and the normal stresses that are associated with the last month of school are things that are weighing heavily on so many of us. The simple, honest truth is that life can just be hard at times, no matter who you are, how old you are, or where you are from. And while no one can escape these realities, we can all resolve ourselves to help those around us to weather the storms when they come our way. An encouraging word or a call to check in that lets someone know they are loved can make a world of difference during those times. So to those who are weary and burdened and are in need of rest, let us love as Jesus commanded us to love, and let us reflect the light of the Savior, because that light overcomes the darkness. Thank you, SA community, for continuing to be the living embodiment of the definition of family.
News, Notes, and Highlights
- Congratulations to Beau Ellis and Ryan Harfst for signing scholarships to join the Famous Maroon Band at MSU next year. We’re proud of your accomplishments!
- Did you know that Starkville Academy is one of only 2 MAIS schools and 34 schools statewide to have a troupe in the International Thespian Society? Eight SA students were inducted today, bringing our current total number of members to sixteen. Thank you, students and teachers, for your contributions to the arts.
- Come out to support our Vols in playoff baseball action tomorrow evening at home versus Columbia Academy in game 2 of the best-of-three series. First pitch is set for 4:30 p.m., and game 3 will be played immediately following, if necessary. Good luck, guys!
- Everyone is invited to attend the Elementary and High School Spring Choir Concert this Monday night at 6:00 p.m. in the SA Gym. It’s sure to be a wonderful event!
Finally, don’t forget the three things that you can do to help Starkville Academy reach its desired goals:
- Be ambassadors in our community.
- Be involved in our school.
- Be prayerful for our school and for our community. Specifically, please pray for the Love family, Mason Saxon, Karleigh Harfst, and for the Isaacs family of Starkville.